A few meters from the Village on the Lake is the oasis of protection of the lake Angitola.
Il Borgo sul Lago, is just 3km away from the historical center of Pizzo, a city on the sea.
There, you can visit :
- The Angevin-Aragonese Castle “Murat”, a national monument to remember the shooting of G. Murat;
- Or the Piedigrotta’s church, which was excavated entirely and represents the highest expression of “arte povera” in Calabria;
- At the Archaelogical museum, you can admire seashells of all kinds and sizes, as well as, fish, sponges, crustaceans and ancient fishing;
- Visit Piazza della Repubblica, know as the real salon by the sea, where you can taste delicious ice cream;
- Only 7km away, you can find the harbour of Vibo Marina, with connections to the Aeolian Islands.
Other sites include, a castle, museum and baroque church of Vanvitelli in the town of Vibo Valentia; The old town and beaches in Tropea; The peasant and artisan museum in Monterosso Calabro; and the splendid monument of spirituality and civilization, Serra S. Bruno and the great Certosa Bruniana.